The purpose of SavingTeens is to provide support for families who, due to financial limitations, would be unable to pursue appropriate wilderness and/or residential therapy programs, or complete aftercare counseling without scholarship support.
- SavingTeens requires a referral from the family’s educational consultant to initiate the scholarship process.
- The educational consultant agrees to accept the client for the duration of the process either pro bono or at sharply reduced rate (a discount of 75% or greater).
- The educational consultant emails their referral to the Chair of the Scholarship Committee, Lisa Sinsheimer, M.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The referral includes a brief summary of the case, (preliminary) recommendations for programs (after reviewing our list for overlap), and documentation of consulting fees with discount. (if applicable)
- Once a referral is considered, the family will be invited to fill out a SavingTeens Scholarship Application.
- Applications are reviewed by the Scholarship Committee on a monthly basis.
- Educational Consultants continue to work with the family to determine the most appropriate programs for the client.
- Awards vary based on parental need, available funds, and/or program scholarships.
- Financial need (as determined by application process).
- Family must be able to contribute some funds to their child’s care.
- Client must be at least 15 years old.
- Family and client show commitment to therapeutic interventions, as assessed by educational consultant.
- Full and timely submission of detailed documentation as needed.
For additional information contact: email@example.com